United States Naval Shipbuilding Museum and USS Salem are located at 739
Washington Street in Quincy, Massachusetts, in the former Fore River
Shipyard. We can be contacted at (617) 479-7900.
are we open?
The Museum is
currently open Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 4PM.
of ten or more are asked to call and schedule so that we may best serve
your group. Both self-guided and guided tours are available. (Guided
tours subject to tour guide availability.)
is $10 for adults, $8 senior citizens, and children ages 4 - 12 years.
Children 3 and under are free.
(Note: Unfortunately the USS
Salem is not currently handicap accessible)
to the USS Salem:
Click here for Driving Directions
Boston and the North:
Take Route 93 (Southeast Expresswayk) to exit 12 (Route
2. Go across the Neponset River Bridge, staying to the left, onto Quincy
3. Go to the end of Quincy Shore Drive to Sea Street. Turn right on Sea
4. At the next traffic light take a left onto Southern Artery.
5. Stay on Southern Artery until the intersection with Washington Street
6. Go left at the lights onto Route 3A south.
7. Approximately one mile south you will come to a rotary. Look to your
right for Harbor Express and USS Salem signs.
8. Proceed through the main entrance and go to the end of the pier.
Board USS Salem by the gangway.
From Points South via I-95:
1. From I-95 North take the I-93 North exit.
2. Bear left to stay on I-93N at the Route 3 split.
3. Take the next exit, Exit 8 - Furnace Brook Parkway.
4. Take a right at the bottom of the ramp onto Furnace Brook
Parkway. Travel 2.3 miles through 5. traffic lights. 5. At
the 7th light take a right onto Southern Artery (Route 3A South.)
Verc Rental is on the right side corner.
6. Travel 1.5 miles through 8 lights, taking a left onto Washington
Street at the 8th light. Washington Street is also Route 3A
7. Follow Washington Street 1/2 mile through 3 lights to the rotary just
before the Fore River Bridge.
8. Take the first right in the rotary into the Harbor Express and USS
Salem parking area.
From Cape Cod and south of Quincy:
Take Route 3 North towards Braintree.
2. Take Union Street (Braintree) exit #17.
3. Take Right onto Union Street at Sunoco Gas Station.
4. Follow Union Street to Route 53 (Quincy Avenue).
5. Turn left onto Route 53.
6. Follow Route 53 to East Howard Street (the shipyard will be on the
right, Braintree Bank on your left).
7. Turn right onto East Howard Street. Follow East Howard Street until
you come to traffic lights.
8. Turn right. Proceed to the rotary.
9. As you enter the rotary, look to your right for Harbor Express and USS
Proceed through the main entrance (daily MTBA parking is $2, overnight $6,
paid at admissions office) and go to the end of the pier.
Board USS Salem by the gangway.
Take the MBTA red line subway Braintree train to Quincy Center. Exit the
station toward Hancock Street. Take bus 220, 221 or 222 to the rotary at the foot
of the Fore River Bridge. Walk carefully through the parking lot to the
USS Salem. The subway fare booth will make change.
From Logan International Airport or Downtown Boston:
Express Water Shuttle is an efficient way to reach the
museum. The shuttle dock is in the shipyard, at the head of USS Salem's
pier! For more schedules and more information, visit their
web site or call (617) 222-6999.